for participants outside of Russian Federation
The main goals of the international DX contest CQ-M are to unite people in peaceful coexistence and to contact as many other Amateurs in as many countries on the list of P-150-C award as possible.
Judging is carried out only on the received LOGs. We welcome any log, even if you have only 1 QSO!
The CQ-M contest is held every year on the second full weekend of May. In 2020 the contest starts on the 9th of May at 12.00 UTC and ends on the 10th of May at 11.59 UTC.
1.8, 3.5, 7.0, 14, 21, 28 MHz may be used. Observance of established band plans is strongly encouraged.
There is no limit on operating time or band changes. Only one transmitted signal is permitted at any time.
- Entry categories:
In each sub-category of the following categories, competition is held among all participants of the sub-category (World standing), within each continent (Continental standing), and within each country and territory of the world as defined by the «Р-150-С» award country list.
SOSB: Single operator – Single band (separately in each band):
- SOSB CW: CW only.
- SOSB SSB: SSB only.
- SOSB MIX: Mixed mode (CW and SSB).
SOAB: Single operator – All bands
- SOAB CW: CW only.
- SOAB CW: SSB only.
- SOAB MIX: Mixed mode (CW and SSB).
- SOAB QRP: QRP, output power limit is 5 watts.
- SOAB CW LP: CW only – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts.
- SOAB SSB LP: SSB only – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts.
- SOAB MIX LP: Mixed mode (CW and SSB) – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts.
MOST: Multi operator – Single transmitter, All bands, Mixed mode (CW and SSB)
RS(T) report plus a progressive contact serial number starting with 001 for the first contact.
For each QSO within one continent, 2 points are awarded. For scoring points Europe and Asia are considered one continent – Eurasia.
3 points are awarded for each QSO between different continents.
7.1 Each country in the «P-150-C» award country list counts as a multiplier once on each band
7.2 «/MM» stations do not count as multipliers
7.3 The «P-150-C» award country list can be found at https://awards.srr.ru/r150c/countries.php
- Final score:
The final score is the result of multiplication of the sum of QSO points on all bands by the sum of multipliers on all bands.
9.1 Plaques will be awarded to:
- Participants taking first places in the World standing in each of the sub-categories of SOSB, SOAB and MOST groups.
- Foreign participants (Non Russia) taking 1st place in the Continental standing in the sub-categories of MOST and SOAB (the absolute best results among the groups MIX, CW and SSB)
- Russian participants taking 1st place in the Asian and European part of Russia, and in the sub-categories of MOST and SOAB (the absolute best results among the groups MIX, CW and SSB)
The plaques will be made if there are 10 or more stations in the final listing of the sub-category.
9.2 Electronic certificates will be awarded to:
- Participants taking 1-3rd places in the World standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST;
- Participants taking 1-3rd places in the Continental standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST;
- Winners of each Country standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST following the «P-150-C» award country list. 300 or more QSOs must be confirmed for the award to be made.
9.3 All participants who get more than 200 QSOs will be awarded with electronic certificates.
9.4 Electronic certificates are the files for downloading and printing by recipients themselves that are uploaded on CQ-M contest web site (http://www.cqm.srr.ru).
The grounds for disqualification are:
- violation of amateur radio regulations in the country of the contestant
- violation of the rules of the contest;
11.1 The log should follow the format of Cabrillo named by MYCALL.LOG.
11.2. Logs are sent through the web-form on the website www.ua9qcq.com
11.3 Hand-written and paper logs are not accepted.
11.4 The DEADLINE for log submission is TEN (10) DAYS after the end of the contest: no later than 1159 UTC 20 May 2020. Resubmitting an entry after the deadline will result in reclassification of the log to a check log.
11.5. We welcome any log, even if you have only 1 QSO!
11.6. Extra bonus for the participants that send their log in will be an automatic country credit for the
P-150-C award. The worked country listing can be checked on https://hamlog.ru/
Judging is carried out only on the received LOGs = if a participant doesn’t submit the log, then other participants will have no QSO point nor multiplier point credits for the QSOs with him!
The CQ-M Contest Committee is responsible for checking and adjudicating the contest entries. Entrants are expected to follow the rules and best amateur radio practices. Violation of the rules of the contest or unsportsmanlike conduct may lead to disciplinary action by the Committee.
13. Log template in the format of Cabrillo:
START-OF-LOG: 3.0 CONTEST: CQ-M CALLSIGN: UA8AA CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP CATEGORY-BAND: 15M CATEGORY-MODE: CW CATEGORY-POWER: HIGH LOCATION: AB01 CLUB: ABCC CREATED-BY: Soft v1.0 EMAIL: email@example.com NAME: Ivanov Ivan ADDRESS: Lenina str. 17-1 ADDRESS: Sibirsk 678901 OPERATORS: UA8AA SOAPBOX: TNX 73 QSO: 21010 CW 2004-03-20 1200 UA8AA 599 001 RL3A 599 001 END-OF-LOG: