for participants outside of Russian Federation
The main goals of the international DX contest CQ-M are to unite people in peaceful coexistence and to contact as many other Amateurs as possible in as many countries on the list of Р-150-С award.
Judging is carried out only on the received LOGs. Sending a LOG is very welcome, even if you have only 1 QSO!
1.1 The CQ-M contest is held every year on the second full weekend of May. In 2019 the contest starts on 11th May at 12.00 UTC and ends on 12th May at 11.59 UTC.
1.8, 3.5, 7.0, 14, 21, 28 MHz may be used. Observance of established band plans is strongly encouraged.
There is no limit on operating time or band changes. Only one transmitted signal is permitted at any time.
- 4. Entry categories:
In each sub-category of the following categories, competition is held among all participants of the sub-category (World standing), within each continent (Continental standing), and within each country and territory of the world as defined by the «Р-150-С» award country list.
SOSB: Single operator – Single band (separately in each band):
- SOSB CW: CW only.
- SOSB SSB: SSB only.
- SOSB MIX: Mixed mode (CW and SSB).
SOAB: Single operator – All bands
- SOAB CW: CW only.
- SOAB CW: SSB only.
- SOAB MIX: Mixed mode (CW and SSB).
- SOAB QRP: QRP, output power limit is 5 watts PEP.
- SOAB CW LP: CW only – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts PEP.
- SOAB SSB LP: SSB only – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts PEP.
- SOAB MIX LP: Mixed mode (CW and SSB) – Low power, output power limit is 100 watts PEP.
MOST: Multi operator – Single transmitter, All bands, Mixed mode (CW and SSB)
RS(T) report plus a progressive contact serial number starting with 001 for the first contact.
6.1 Points are awarded to:
6.1.1 Participants from the Russian Federation:
- QSO with the same federal district of Russia — 1 point.
- QSO with another federal district of Russia — 2 points.
- QSO with another country of Europe or Asia — 2 points.
- QSO with another country of Australia, North and South America, Antarctica and Africa — 3 points.
- QSO with any maritime mobile station «/ MM» — 3 points
6.1.2 Participants from other countries of the World:
- countries of Europe and Asia: any QSO with Russian Federation — 2 points;
- countries of Australia, North and South America, Antarctica and Africa: any QSO with Russian Federation — 3 points;
- QSO with own «P-150-C» country — 1 point;
- QSO with another «P-150-C» country (except Russia) on the same continent — 2 points;
- QSO with another «P-150-C» continent (except QSOs with Russia) — 2 points;
- QSO with any «/MM» station — 3 points.
List of federal districts (for reference use):
- Far Eastern Federal District: R0: C, D, F, I, J, K, L, M, O, U, V, Q, X, Z.
- Volga Federal District: R2, R3, R5: T; R4: C, F, H, L, N, P, S, U, W, Y; R8, R9: F, S, W.
- Northwestern Federal District: R1: A, B, C, D, E, F, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, W, X, Z; R2: F, K; R8, R9: X.
- Siberian Federal District: R8, R9: H, I, M, N, O, P, U, V, Y, Z; R0: A, B, H, R, S, T, W, Y.
- Ural Federal District: R8, R9: A, B, C, D, J, K, L, Q, R.
- Central Federal District: R2, R3, R5: A, B, C, D, E, F (except R2F), G, H, I, J, K (except R2K), L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
- Southern Federal District: R4: A, B; R6, R7: A, B, C, D, I, K, L, M, N, R, U, V, Y.
- North Caucasian Federal District: R6, R7: E, F, G, H, J, P, Q, T, W, X.
7.1 Each country in the «P-150-C» award country list counts as a multiplier only once on each band
7.2 «/MM» stations do not count as multipliers
7.3 The «P-150-C» award country list can be found at https://awards.srr.ru/r150c/countries.php
- Final score:
The final score is the sum of QSO points on all bands, multiplied by the sum of multipliers on all bands.
9.1 Plaques will be awarded to:
- Participants taking first places in the World standing in each of the sub-categories of SOSB, SOAB, SWL and MOST groups.
- Foreign participants (Non Russia) taking 1st place in the Continental standing in the sub-categories of MOST and SOAB (the absolute best results among the groups MIX, CW and SSB)
- Russian participants taking 1st place in the Asian and European part of Russia, and in the sub-categories of MOST and SOAB (the absolute best results among the groups MIX, CW and SSB)
The award will be made if 10 or more stations are in the final listing of the sub-category.
9.2 Electronic certificates will be awarded to:
- Participants taking 1-3rd places in the World standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST;
- Participants taking 1-3rd places in the Continental standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST;
- Winners of each Country standing in each sub-category of SOSB, SOAB and MOST following the «P-150-C» award country list. 300 or more QSOs must be confirmed for the award to be made.
- Participants taking 1-3rd places in the World standing in the SWL category.
9.3 All participants who get more than 200 QSOs are awarded with electronic certificates.
9.4 Electronic certificates are the files for downloading and printing by recipients themselves that are uploaded on CQ-M contest web site (http://www.cqm.srr.ru).
- Disqualification from the offset:
The grounds for disqualification from the offset are:
- violation of amateur radio regulations in the country of the contestant
- violation of the rules of the contest;
11.1 The log should follow the format of Cabrillo named by MYCALL.LOG.
11.2. Logs are sent through the web-form on the website www.ua9qcq.com
11.3 Hand-written and paper logs are not accepted.
11.4 All entries must be emailed WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS after the end of the contest: no later than 1159 UTC 22 May 2019. Resubmitting an entry after the deadline will result in it being considered as a check log.
11.5. Sending a LOG is very welcome, even if you have only 1 QSO!
Judging is carried out only on the received LOGs!
The CQ-M Contest Committee is responsible for checking and adjudicating the contest entries. Entrants are expected to follow the rules and best amateur radio practices. Violation of the rules of the contest or unsportsmanlike conduct may lead to disciplinary action by the Committee.
13. Log template in the format of Cabrillo:
START-OF-LOG: 3.0 CONTEST: CQ-M CALLSIGN: UA8AA CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP CATEGORY-BAND: 15M CATEGORY-MODE: CW CATEGORY-POWER: HIGH LOCATION: AB01 CLUB: ABCC CREATED-BY: Soft v1.0 EMAIL: email@example.com NAME: Ivanov Ivan ADDRESS: Lenina str. 17-1 ADDRESS: Sibirsk 678901 OPERATORS: UA8AA SOAPBOX: TNX 73 QSO: 21010 CW 2004-03-20 1200 UA8AA 599 001 RL3A 599 001 END-OF-LOG: